We (in MicroOLAP Technologies) just finished client libraries update for 8.4.1 version.
- Two packages were updated:
- Deployment libraries shipped with PostgreSQL installation
- Deployment libraries built with MinGW environment
- Both packages are built against 8.4.1 version of PostgreSQL
- Comparing to 8.3.6 version libpq.dll library shipped with PostgreSQL installation depends on 12 libraries now (were 9 in 8.3.6)
- Dump and restore libraries for 8.3.x and 8.2.x PostgreSQL branches are included into “Deployment libraries built with MinGW environment” package
- Included dump libraries (pg_dump-8.2.14.dll, pg_dump-8.3.8.dll) may be used with PaGoDump utility either
As you probably know the latest PaGoDump 8.4.1 version allows library selection.
Here is the tiny video tutorial (~240Kb) about this feature.
New PaGoDump is available! At last. We faced with a lot of mystical barriers during this release. It supposed to be public a week ago. Whatever…
New release will provide a brand new functionality — custom library selection!
Now two libraries will be available: 8.3.8 and 8.4.1, but this is only the beginning — 8.2.x branch will be included in the very next release.
P.S. Kishkin, where you got to? :)
From reliable sources it became known that next release of PaGoDump – a GUI Windows utility for backing up a PostgreSQL database built with MicroOLAP PostgresDAC – will have 8.4.0 version string.
This is only to avoid confusion. Henceforth PaGoDump will have the same version as the PostgreSQL server it was built for.
If some releases will come out during the same server release, then only the build number will be increased.
Next official release of the PaGoDump is scheduled at the end of this week.