Blog Archives

LibreOffice announces native support for PostgreSQL

Today I found out about new release of LibreOffice (version 3.5), which is now my choice instead of MS Office and it’s brother OpenOffice killed by Oracle. And the most pleasant surprise is PostgreSQL native support added in this minor

Tagged with: , , ,
Posted in PostgreSQL

Delete tuple from libpq’s PGresult

I wrote how to modify result set in underlying libpq’s PGresult object with new ones. But there was no solution for deletion. Here I want to propose one solution. The main idea is to copy existing PGresult content to the

Tagged with: , , , , , ,
Posted in Coding, PostgresDAC

Editing result set using libpq functions

Many of us use libpq client library to access PostgreSQL. And so we do in our PostgresDAC component suite. Very often you don’t want to refresh result set on client side after insert\update\delete some row especially if result set is

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Coding

Windows path in libpq connection control functions

I already wrote a post about using Windows paths in SQL statements. But today I was playing with SSL connections to PostgreSQL from MicroOLAP Database Designer for PostgreSQL and found one interesting thing: Windows user! Replace your usual slashes (backslashes,

Tagged with: , , , , , ,
Posted in Coding

PostgreSQL v9.0.0 client libraries update

We (in MicroOLAP Technologies) just finished client libraries update for 9.0.0 version. Quick facts: Two packages were updated: Deployment libraries shipped with PostgreSQL installation Deployment libraries built with MinGW environment Both packages are built against 9.0.0 version of PostgreSQL Dump

Tagged with: , , , , , , ,
Posted in PaGoDump, PostgresDAC

libpq stands for…

I always was interested why PostgreSQL client library named “libpq”. Of course I guessed that “lib” means “library”, but there are two more characters left. I supposed that “p” is some how connected with “Postgres”. But I have no any

Tagged with: , , ,
Posted in PostgreSQL

PostgresDAC 2.5.5 released

This release introduces the latest 8.4.3 libraries, improvements for user-defined types support, savepoint functionality support, new behaviour options for TPSQLDataset descendants and several bug fixes. Full changelog: [!] v8.4.3 client libraries added [!] v8.4.3 dump & restore libraries (pg_dump.dll, pg_restore.dll)

Tagged with: , , , , , ,
Posted in PostgresDAC
Map of wandering

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 426 other followers